Thursday, January 31, 2008

Baby Food!

It is true that we have been giving Sierra big people food to suck on and chew on and make a mess with, but I figured it was about time to actually feed her and help her work on that thing we all call swallowing. This week is the perfect opportunity because I'm working from home today and tomorrow so I'll have 4 full days of working on this with her until I let her Daddy and her Grandmother start on this fun new stage.

So here you have it...

Breakfast was bananas (I should have given her broccoli for breakfast but it just doesn't seem like a breakfast food to me). I know she likes them but I didn't think she would do this good. She ate the entire banana that I made for her. Yes, I made for her. My baby-food processor is the bomb (thanks mom). She downed half a banana in no time and loved every bit of it. She even opened her mouth after swallowing each bite. And the amazing thing about it all is that she would suck the food off the spoon like a big girl, I didn't have to scrap it off her gums to get the food in her mouth. She's a champ!

Then for lunch I decided to mix it up a bit. All the books say (and yes I go by the books) that I should introduce one new veggie every couple of days to ensure there are no allergies blah, blah, blah. Well, I think that's stupid so for lunch we had

Corn, brocolli, and cauliflower. Yummy!




So, yes, a lot more got on her during lunch than breakfast and she wasn't really feelin' all the veggies, but it's a start.

Gotta love her!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It is so fun to watch Sierra grow up because she's about 5 months ahead of Boo and so I get all of these things to look forward to... btw- he's not wearing a diaper in the tub- it was a washcloth in his lap so we wouldn't pee all over me if he got the urge... it looks like a diaper because there is a white hump-thing that sits between his legs so he doesn't slide right down the back of the bucket. :-P