Tuesday, July 14, 2009

America the Beautiful

I love the 4th of July and now that Sierra is old enough to enjoy it I thought we would give the parade at the Marietta Square a whirl. I used to go there as a kid and remembered loving it so we hauled the fam, Ron, and Paul, Sarah and Mary along for the ride.
I realized the day before the 4th that I didn't have a patriotic outfit for Sierra. What kind of mother am I!? Geez! So I ran all over the place and found cutie little star shorts, a darling shirt and my favorite...sparkly shoes. Who cares if they don't fit exactly right, they are killer gorgeous. My baby is so stylish.
Sierra snagged a great seat, front row, on the parade round and got ready for the main event.

Her cohort in crime Mary was right there beside her.

We were all in place for the highly anticipated floats but more importantly, the candy! Love the candy!
Flag galor were handed out so here are our little Stars waving them proudly. (Sierra calls them Flaggits! No idea why but it's sort of funny hehehe. I think she mixes Wave It and Flag.

The girls watched all the floats, waved at all the beauty queens, teen misses, Tot princesses, veterans, trucks, and politicians. Sarah was getting frustrated when no one was throwing candy and left disappointed at the end. What kind of parades have street sweepers at the end when no one threw candy? Lame.


Joe chased this guy down in the middle of the street to get a good picture. He went after another solider but he almost sliced him down the middle with a confederate sword. For real.
Who knew that politicans ACTUALLY kissed babies?! Not me! It took some prodding from Joe, of course.

By the end of the parade Sierra was spent. We quickly recharged in the car and headed over to the Foye's for a sweet pool party. I'll get around to posting those sooner than later. Good times. I love holidays!

No comments: